This Friday night sees Bury… a little town in Lancashire, just north of Manchester City Centre, light up for its 4th annual Light Night.
If you have popped by before, you will already know you will be in for a treat for the eyes and ears! Bury Light Night 2013 was stunning – the weather was with us and on a crisp, Autumn evening, Bury came to life with the sound of drums, bustling around and the beautiful Castle Armoury building was lit up by light installation to tell the story of Brair Rose.
Fun for all the family, there were live performances, light installations, live music, a harpist, drummers, stalls selling foods and crafts and of course lights galore in all their magnificent form and even a hot air balloon basket and with even more on show this year… it certainly will not disappoint!
This year will feature:
- Band Baja – traditionally used at Asian weddings, they have performed all over the world, and for the likes of Danny Boyle and Jesse Jackson
- Illuminos will be projecting dramatic Eastern scenes onto the Castle Armoury and the Debenhams store on The Rock
- Excerpts from The Village’s panto Aladdin, at Lions Gardens in Crompton Street.
- Rhia (Ri-Ri’s Acadamy) will performing live as a part of the projection at Debenhams
- Award-winning Chinese Lion display on Kay Gardens – and families can put on the costume and have a go!
- Kay Gardens, Library Gardens and the Parish Church Gardens are all being installed by Pa-Boom, with a Lantern House, fire and water Fountains and Hot Heads (1.5 metre tall heads on fire).
- Giant Lotus Flower and crafts, at St John’s Gardens on The Rock.
Bury Light Night will kick off at 6pm until 9pm.
There is also a large number of children’s events and performances, street entertainment, food and drink, and late-night shopping.
To download the full programme of events, go to www.bury.gov.uk/burylightnight
You can follow Bury Light night on Facebook (www.facebook.com/burylightnight) and on Twitter @BuryLightNight.
See you there! 😉