After our first successful camping trip at the weekend, it is time to start our round up of the best camping items we used whilst away. I am more of a ‘glamper’ than a camper and as expected packed far too much than was actually necessary and came home with items that had not even been unpacked.
I am going to start with my favourite Must Have Beauty and Skincare items that we took along on our trip…
1. Within the first 5 minutes Organic Children Hand Sanitiser from Green People was out and being used. In a ridiculously large, empty field, two of the three children had managed to walk into the only stinging nettles in the field. The hand sanitiser gently cleansed and cleaned the childrens hands before antiseptic cream was applied. I am a huge fan of organic skincare and this worked an absolute treat – it was handy to take with us on trips out to clean hands and faces. With up to 200 squirts in every bottle, this can easily be used again and again. £9.95 for 100ml bottle from Green People.
2. You can pretty much guarantee camping with children will result in cuts and grazes. I have grown up using Savlon and always have a tube handy at home. Taking some on the trip was a wise idea, as aforementioned, it was used before we had even erected the tents! Perfect for soothing and protecting cuts and grazes, Savlon is available from all good retailers.
3. I could quite happily live in a shower and have been known to have several in a day just because it is so relaxing. Having ridiculously long, thick hair also means that showers are never short affairs. Being stuck in a field without the use of a shower on tap (there was but at £1 for 5 minutes, it would have cost me a small fortune every day!) was worrying me slightly however I need not have felt nervous. When in doubt Johnsons Baby Wipes can be used in any scenario. Taking a pack of the baby wipes meant keeping fresh was easy and they were great for cleaning faces during the day and moping up spillages. When I did manage to have a shower and wash my hair the Johnsons 2-in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner meant I wasted less time on a job that normally takes around 15 minutes! My hair was lovely and silky afterwards and the Simba mane returned, so I was a happy lady once more!
4. Just on the ‘off chance’ I had a need for makeup, I had taken my current favourite Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara and Eye Liner. It was a little optimistic I know but a single lady has to always be prepared!
5. A must have product in my very overpacked beauty case was body spray. This was an absolute godsend and I certainly felt better when I had had a little spritz!
Next time I know not to take as much as I did, but then again you never know when you will need plasters, mascara and protection! 😉